Why Error Monitoring is an Essential Part of Continuous Testing
In the modern era of DevOps-driven development, teams are increasingly pushing smaller and smaller increments of code into production faster and faster, often leading to inadequate testing. To assure and improve the quality of software in production, many developers are now benefiting from a new test methodology that combines functional testing with error monitoring in production.
For development teams focused on delivering quality applications at lightning speed, error monitoring helps mitigate deployment risks by enabling them to quickly identify and remediate software bugs in production. With error monitoring, developers can deploy code with greater confidence knowing they can quickly discover and fix any bugs that make it to production and reducing any negative impact on the customer experience.
In this Q&A-style webinar, Matt Wyman and Abel Mathews will explain how the combination of Backtrace and Sauce Labs enables organizations to shift both left and right as part of an end-to-end testing strategy optimized for the DevOps era.
Attendees will learn:
- Why a complete testing strategy is one that gives organizations visibility into how applications behave in production
- Why Backtrace is ideal for error reporting in real-time environments where systems are incredibly fast and produce vast quantities of data
- How the depth and richness of Backtrace's debugging and error monitoring capabilities provide great value to mobile developers
- How developers can use error monitoring to expand and improve future test coverage during the development and integration phases of CI/CD
- How error monitoring can be leveraged directly in dev and test environments to complement automated test frameworks such as Selenium and Appium